SCADA IEC 61850
The use of digital protections with open communication and not owner protocols has enabled the development, with the latest networking technologies (Industrial Ethernet, TCP-IP), of a supervision system and data acquisition system (SCADA) with following main functions:
- protection supervision with alarm and event recorder;
- Analysis of line disturbances (disturbance recorders - oscilloperturbografia);
- Monitoring the status of electrical equipment (switches state, transformation ratios, measurements, etc. ...);
- Online self-diagnostics with integrated watch-dog;
- Analysis allowed configurations and diagnostics;
- Pages with a pop-up menu plant and buttons for its control;
- Engineering work stations for prearrangement(and back-up documentation) of the parameters of plant protection (implementation of studies of selectivity).
The philosophy of control of a substation is based on a redundancy of three hierarchical levels:
- Field level: in high voltage on the switches and breakers there are the direct commands which represent the last level;
- level bay control unit: the BCU performs control and monitoring of bay management by acting as a second operational level;
- Level of stations: the SCADA interface with IEC 61850 provides the supervision and management of the substation.
There are also various type of remote control:
-From national dispatching centre (with IEC 60870-5-104 protocol for distance telecontrol from the dispatching centre);
- From the operational customer centre: if the customer has a centre of centralized supervision of the various plants located across the nation it can be centralized the monitoring and teleoperation;
- with WIND SCADA or SUN SCADA for the supervision of photovoltaic or wind farms with the OPC Server interface with the SCADA owner.